So Excited! I now hav quail!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by 4hchickmama, Dec 3, 2012.

1. 4hchickmama

4hchickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    Just picked up these babies yesterday! So excited. I've wanted quail for a long time. I was able to get a few different colors/varieties of cortunix quail. [​IMG] them so far.

[​IMG]

2. LovePolish2

LovePolish2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Missouri
    Very cute!
    I love my Coturnix Quail :)

3. Reedgirl20

Reedgirl20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2012
    Eagle point, Oregon
    Congratulations. I have recently gotten into quail as well. I hatched a set of bobwhites early in the summer but the were much flightier then I wanted so I sold them and hatched some courtnix and I absolutely love them. So tame and cute, they are already laying eggs at only six weeks old.

4. SeptemberQuail

SeptemberQuail Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2012
    Australia
    Cute! From my guess, I'm thinking you have three pharoah/brown and one white (english or a&m), the other two, I am unsure of. ^.^

I miss having coturnix chicks as fluffy as your ones. Mine are only 2 weeks old and already have pretty much fully feathered out (except for their heads), plus they're probably the size of button quail by now...

They grow up so fast!

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I hatched just a few Coturnix this spring and fell in love! The sounds they make are adorable. I have 40 eggs coming soon to be hatched. The quail eggs are absolutely delicious!

6. AZ Birds

AZ Birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2012
    Goodyear, AZ
    im on my 4th round of hatching quail and still get excited and run around and tell everybody about it lol. they just look at me weird all the time. guess they just dont understand the hatching experience. i have few quail in the process of hatching right now with one already out of the egg.

7. 4hchickmama

4hchickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    -sigh- I lost two for some unknown reason. They were fine, eating drinking, acting fine, then the next morning one was acting "off." I fed and watered and came back to check 30 min later and it was gone. Then today my smallest one did something very similar. I picked her up to check on her and she did one big body jerk and died in my hands. Sad. The other 4 are happy, healthy and jumping around. The two I lost were considerably smaller than the others even though they hatched within a week of each other. They grow fast!

To answer the color question...I was told the lighter one was an italian colored and the other one was likely a cross between the Tex A&M and italian

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by