So excited! My goose egg hatched!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by charmedchicken, Feb 29, 2016.

1. charmedchicken

charmedchicken Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2016
    The Ozarks, MO
    My Roman Tufted Goose egg hatched! I saw an external pip about 9pm Saturday night and watched the cracks grow on Sunday. When I left for work this morning there was a flap of egg shell moving up and down. Made hubby give me regular updates and heard about 1:30 that it was fully out of it's shell, quite active and drying off.

This is my first incubated egg, my first hatched chick, and I'm super excited that it happened with geese. Already signed up for the hatch-a-long and I'm going to get some "Sons of Kazoo" from my EE roo (and a mix of EE/wyandotte/bovan hens) and probably some eggs from my neighbor who have a mix of buff orphingtons and welsummers.

Had to share my joy with people who would understand. :) I'll try to post pictures when I get home from work.

2. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Thats fantastic. Geese eggs require more interaction during the incubation process than chicken eggs do. Congrats on your first baby. Be sure to keep us posted about how its doing. [​IMG]

3. charmedchicken

Feb 12, 2016
    The Ozarks, MO
    Thanks! I didn't mist/cool the eggs, but I did turn them 2-3 times a day, so perhaps that took the place. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Gone-Quackers

Gone-Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2015
    Des Moines, IA
    So adorable! Welcome to the world little one.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. caesargirl

caesargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    Awwwww. Congratulations!! Well done.

@miss lydia and @julie bird look[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Thanks for tag @caesargirl How adorable is that little one!! Congrats!!! @charmedchicken

7. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Look at this baby of supreme cuteness swaddled in the towel. Such an innocent little baby bird. BABY BIRD!!

(gos)'Ling. Then the bottom pic. The WEBS. That tells me that this baby child burb is a baby goose.

Thank you for the tag @caesargirl

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  8. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Congratulations on your little angel!!!!!

9. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Its SO SO SO SO cute :love

10. charmedchicken

Feb 12, 2016
    The Ozarks, MO
    Thanks so much everyone! Mom called the egg "Tweet" and so that's the little one's name. It's cute because if mom or I start talking to it, it comes out from under the Brinsea brooder. I told mom I bet it recognizes our voices since we talked to the egg all the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by