So Excited!!! The Mottled Japanese are starting to lay!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by poniesnchicks, Jan 17, 2011.

1. poniesnchicks

poniesnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    Near Lexington
    :celebrateOOhh I'm so excited! Things are really taking off! My Mottled Japanese pullets are starting to lay, I have 6 Srama chicks in the brooder (my first hatch), and only 6-7 days away from my second hatch - Seramas, Lav and Split Orpingtons, and my friend's project eggs. Can't wait to fill the incubator again with more Seramas and the Mottled Japanese to see if they are fertile. Getting ready to sell some hatching eggs!! Fun fun fun! And, my girl hooked me up with another Serama hen to put with my frizzle rooster (he is so happy) and a replacement Lav Orpington cockerel to replace the one I lost. A couple more months and they will be taking off too! What a gal - wonderful Christmas present! [​IMG]

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    oh oh, sounds like you are going to be busyyyyyy....lol..Good Luck and Way to go!

4. poniesnchicks

poniesnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    Near Lexington
    Busy is RIGHT!!!! The Japanese are definitely fertile and growing in the incubator! Need to start selling some hatching eggs. Hopefully I can get some good pics of the mottled Japanese tomorrow, if the weather clears up!! [​IMG] Anyone interested?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by