So excited!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dixiedoodle, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Well, no one around here really knows how exciting this is so I want to share it with all of you! LOL

Thursday, I sent my deposit for 12 hens and a roo, they will be POL around June 15 and that is when I will pick them up. I have wanted chickens for YEARS, dh started my coop/run LAST Mother's Day. It's done except for the pop door...he wants to wait (for what I don't know)??? This is great timing for me... Lots to do before they get here--like plant our garden, finish the basement, re-landscape my front yard, add more fencing for the large hounds we have.. More room for them but they will have less room in my yard!! [​IMG]

I ordered: 3 Barred Rock, 3 Rhode Island Red, 3 Buff Op and 3 Blue Ameraucana hens and 1 Blue Ameraucana Roo! I will be getting these from a gal who seems to have a wonderful set up.
    Thank you for letting me share my good news...
    Dixiedoodle doing the happy dance...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Congrats.. You will be a very happy chickie momma. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Good for you!! I hope to be adding my small flock about the same time as you are!!! I am a realtor, and I am starting a small Alpaca farm too, so I HAVE to sell some houses and get these projects started. Hubby planted potatoes and onions today, so that is a start, and I am ordering asparagus, strawberries, blueberries and rhubarb this week from Gurney's to get some ever bearing things started. . .[​IMG]

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That's great!! You will LOVE them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by