So excited!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by itsjessme, May 8, 2011.

1. itsjessme

itsjessme Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    Bealeton, VA
    Hello all! I'm Jess and I am about to dive in to the world of back yard chickens and i couldn't be more excited!! My mom has had chickens and guineas for the last few years and knew we wanted some of our own chickens. So when she decided she wanted to try her hand at incubating she she told us that she was going to let us have some of the chicks!!!! So i started learning everything i could about raising chickens and kept finding the answers to all of my questions here at back yard chickens and decided that i just had to join! With the help i have gotten here we are in the process of getting our coop built and are really excited to meet our new babies which are due to hatch in 3 more days! Her roo is a beautiful black langshan and her hens are red sex links and i can't wait to see what they are gonna look like! I'm so glad to be part of this commuity and am looking forward to sharing my experiences as a chicken newbie!

2. KlaHaYa Gardens

KlaHaYa Gardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Welcome! [​IMG]

3. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Welcome to byc. Do you have a brooder set up?

5. itsjessme

May 7, 2011
    Bealeton, VA
    My mom does. And luckily she lives two houses down from us so we will be able to see them as much as we want till its time for them to come home with us!

6. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] They sound like they should be some interesting babies. [​IMG]

8. itsjessme

May 7, 2011
    Bealeton, VA
    Quote:I hope so! I will be sure to post pictures along the way!

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! [​IMG] Welcome from western Kentucky. It's so nice to meet you! It sounds like you are excited about your babies -to -be! (and rightfully so!) I'm glad you decided to join us. There are many, many friendly helpful people on here who love to discuss all things chicken (and lots of other things, too!) Pull up a comfortable chair and let's get acquainted! [​IMG]

10. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

I will definately be waiting for pics of the new babies. [​IMG] Let all send good hatching vibes.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by