so excited!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mlaff, Mar 27, 2012.

1. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Everyone I know thinks I am crazy because I have been on the hunt for specific chickens. Almost obsessed really. We are ordering some eggs from on here to get our silkies that I cannot find anywhere around my house. But my husband and I are letting our children do 4-H for the first time and I want them to have some awesome chicks. Well today I finally got a hold of a local breeder who has some paint showgirls for my oldest daughter. I'm super excited! The gentleman I talked to even talked to me about 4-H because his grandchildren participate in it. Tomorrow I get to pick the new additions up. I am glad we have started our new improved bigger chicken coop because after the next couple of months they will need the room. So it is looking like I may hit my limit of 20 I told my husband I would stop at. Luckily I have a friend that is going to start raising chickens and I told her that she could come look and see if she would like some of ours.

My little group
    6 easter eggers
    3 bantams (thinking they are Millie Fleur D'uccles)
    2 Buff Orpingtons

soon to add my 2 showgirls!!! And hopefully a couple more :)

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

It's funny how soon we reach those self-imposed chicken limits, isn't it? [​IMG]

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] That's really neat about your kids starting 4H, and all the best with your new flock.

Before you know it you might be hatching eggs for lots of friends. [​IMG]

4. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Getting the eggs was why we started with the chickens in the first place. LOL Thats why we got the easter eggers, love the fact our eggs will be different colors. But soon after I fell in love with certain breeds. So now the hunt is on. I signed up the kids today for the 4-h and they couldn't be more excited. The youngest 2 are still too young for the fair but I am letting them pick and raise their own chicks anyway. They are loving it.

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by