So excited!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by PAchickenlover, Apr 18, 2012.

1. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    We just bought two goslings last night. One is a Cotton Patch, not sure what the other is.. They look very similar. Maybe they are both Cotton Patch. Anyhow they both still have their egg tooth on their beek. I got them from a local auction. My older kids have been wanting a goose for a while now.
    Am I right im the yhinking that the more time we spend with them now the friendlier they will be in the long run? these are our first geese.
    Thanks
    Mollie

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of geese. We got our first three last year, Sebastopols. Now have three sets of goslings from purchased eggs. It is true that the more time you spend with them the friendlier they will be. They are very interactive birds, more so than chickens or ducks. But they grow so fast! Our first five hatchlings of this year are only a month and as big as our adult ducks. My husband really likes the geese and he spends a lot of time with all three groups talking to them, holding them, and now with the big kids running them back and forth across the yard at night. They run really fast with their wings up, just like the adults.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy your geese. Post pictures if you can. :)

3. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    I will post some pics soon. My daughter is home from school today, she got an infection in a cut she kept breaking open. Dr. put her on some antibiotics. I have her soaking in the tub with epsom salts. Any how, as soon as she gets out of the tub I can go take a pic or two of them. I am also in the process of digging out a new pond for my waterfowl, by hand. Uggg very tireing.....

4. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    [​IMG]here is our baby girl...

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    How adorable! And that looks like a nice piece of property you have there, all those trees. Good luck on the pond. Sounds like a lot of work.

Hope your daughter is healing up. :)

6. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Thanks, we have 10 1/2 acres here. 1/2 wooded, and 1/4 is a field that a farmer farms for us. the rest is where we have our garden, fruit tree's, ect... It really is our little patch of haven..

My daughters leg is doing much better thanks. It really looked nasty there for a few days.

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Your gosling is so cute! I hope your daughter heals up quickly.

~ Aspen

8. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Thanks. Here is what her leg looked like.[​IMG] It is fully healed now thankfully.

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by