So excited!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by apbgv, Jul 3, 2008.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    So excited got my muscovy eggs today first time with duck eggs quick question I have heard anywhere for 50-70% humidity for duck eggs which is right? Right now its at 60 is that ok? and I have more serama eggs coming from Frank this wknd yipee.[​IMG]

2. kufarm

kufarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2008
    So did they make it there in one piece?[​IMG] I hope so!! Since I don't know what kind of incubator you have here are instructions for both!

For still-air incubators the temperature within the incubator should be maintained at approximately 102oF (39oC) with 60 to 65% relative humidity. The thermometer should be placed at average egg height. Water pans should be filled just prior to use and water replaced every 3 to 4 days throughout the incubation period. The eggs should be placed horizontally and turned 180 degrees on the long axis, 3 or more times per day (an odd number). In forced-air incubators a dry bulb temperature of 99.5oF (37.5oC) and a wet bulb temperature of 88oF (31.5oC; equivalent to 65% relative humidity) are recommended.

Let me know how the hatch goes!! [​IMG]
    Kim
    (thepliedes) on ebay!

3. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    They arrived in perfect shape, so hopefully in 35 days we will have some little ducklings!! Thanks a bunch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by