So excited!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by averycatherwood, Dec 9, 2013.

1. averycatherwood

averycatherwood Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2013
    Concord, North Carolina
    My mom and I have recently gotten four chickens. 2 rhode island reds and 2 barred rocks. i am so excited because they have just now acclimated enough to start eating straight from our hands. It might be a stupid thing to get excited over, but it just made me feel good. Did you feel like this whenever your chickens started warming up to you?

2. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

I love hand feeding my flock. Not only does it get them a little more comfortable with me, but it also affords me an opportunity to give them a thorough looking over and makes it easy to pick them up if necessary.

Welcome to BYC!

3. Shalom Farm

Shalom Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    Florida
    Welcome to BYC!

I was in LOVE when my chickens began to eat out of my hand. It was even more exciting when they woudl perch on my arms and pig out on worms.
    Best wishes to you and your new flock!

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]. Congrats on them warming up to you! I've raised all of my birds from babies and only one goose will actually still eat from my hand.

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] Glad you joined us.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on your new flock. Welcome to BYC.

7. handyman42

handyman42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Sardis, AR
    [​IMG]

I think everyone who really loves the world of chickens has that same feeling when you have that connection with your birds. I only can get a few of mine to eat from my hand at the moment but I didn't raise them. Hoping thy come around soon. Enjoy site searching and raising your very own backyard flock.

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] That and when they come up to you and demand to be picked up, or jump onto your lap when you sit down with them and settle down happy just to be with you. Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by