So Exited, Or Crazy!?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 3GChicks, Feb 15, 2012.

1. 3GChicks

3GChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    So we are suppose to be getting two new chicks. They are both 4 days old, we are getting a buff orpington, and a Brahma. I feel sorry for my husband because he really wants a speckled Sussex but we cannot seem to find any in our area, and I refuse to pay $75 for shipping.

We seem to have found a home for our speckled splash roo, which makes me happy so now that is going to leave us with a cuckoo silkie, a porcelain silkie, an orpington and a Brahma.

Future advise for people who want chickens, they are addictive! I wish the websites that I read and the books would have come with a forewarning before we got the chickens LOL.

Any advise on the Orpington and the Brahma? I will post pics when we get them!

2. McKenley5

McKenley5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Where do you live? I have some speckled sussex ordered and I probably won't keep all of them.

3. myhubbycallsmechickeemama

myhubbycallsmechickeemama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Arco, ID
    I agree...chickens are very addictive. :)

I have 26 Buff Orpington's and I absolutely adore them!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] They are the sweetest girls and lay large to x-large eggs. We also have a Buff Brahma banty that is my granddaughter's chicken and she is too cute, she even knows her name and as soon as my granddaughter gets home from school she runs to the chicken coop and no matter where her little chicken is at, she comes running waiting to be picked up when she hears her name being called. It is too cute to watch!! You will love them!

4. 3GChicks

3GChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    I am so excited! My six year old is very attached to the cuckoo silkie we have, but unfortunately we think it is a rooster and are going to have to find him a good home. We won't definitely know until a couple more weeks!

I am located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

5. McKenley5

McKenley5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    [​IMG] Oh well, I am in GA and I would have been happy to share.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by