So Freddy is a...? *pic heavy*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Snozzle, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    ...D'uccle I think, am I correct? Freddy is about 6 weeks old and came from the TSC bantam bin and is the only one that I still haven't 100% identified. I guess Freddy is a hen, not much of a comb going on there compared to the mille fleur D'uccle that was in the same group. Freddy has 4 toes and is very friendly and nosy and she is also my favorite, so I would like to figure out for sure what she is. I was thinking maybe white feverolles with the wrong number of toes, but she is carrying herself very tall and upright, so the D'uccle seems more likely. Any help is very much appreciated
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    does she have vulture hocks??

3. Snozzle

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Very small ones, not nearly as big as the mille guy, but my cochin from the same group had some too

4. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Looks like a White dUccle pullet to me!

5. Snozzle

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Wow that is exactly what I was hoping for, but I am surprised to get one from TSC. I should ask them what hatchery they used next time I'm there. The personalities had me completely thrown off as far as gender goes hence the name. Freddy always was the fearless one wanting to investigate everything and attempting to spar with my adult silkie roo(scared the poor silkie half to death when that little white thing came flying at him) when she was only the size of a coffe cup and the little rooster d'uccle(big red comb, no mistaking there) is shy and freaks out from the slightest noise. With my other guys it was always the oposite, hens were shy and the roos were the fearless ones.

6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Nice looking d'uccle pullet!

7. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    White d'uccle pullet...Congratulations!!! I just love mine :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by