So frustrating!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Country Gal, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    So I got my first egg on Friday, followed by one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Based on color differences between the eggs, I'm thinking that I may have 2 hens that have started laying. [​IMG]

I decided to keep my first egg, it is afterall a monumental occasion! So I blew the egg out and have it sitting in my china cabinet.

I gave away my second egg to one of my girlfriends who was over when I found it. I kept the third egg for myself.

Being that these were all the small pullet eggs, I figured that I needed a couple more before I made my first omelet. I was hoping to have another one, maybe two, waiting for me in the coop when I got home from work on Monday.

NOTHING! [​IMG]

I was really craving that omelet! I can't wait until all the girls start laying on some kind of regular schedule!

Oh well, maybe today... [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I hope there are 2 eggs in there, waiting for ya when you get home! This seems to be the hardest part.

3. Country Gal

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    I sure hope so! It was so hard waiting for them to start laying, I can't believe they are teasing me like this!

4. 7chickininas

7chickininas Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2007
    Idaho
    Country Gal

you just got me wondering [​IMG] if the egg I got today is from my Oprah (black orpington). She just started to lay last Thursday. I know that her sister Lacy who is a silver laced wyandotte ( well not really they were hatched at the same time, so I'm told) is really close to laying. They are about 24 weeks old.

here is a closer pix of the eggs I've gathered since Thursday. By the way Oprah is not regular yet.

For sure, the first 2 (on the left ) are Oprahs'

[​IMG]

the one on the far right is darker than the first 2

5. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Beauties!

6. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Im so jealous. I got 11 more weeks! Even then, i only have one standard..... [​IMG]

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Nice!

8. Country Gal

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Well, I am happy to announce that after my eggless Monday, I did come home to an egg on Tuesday and promptly made scrambled eggs.

Tuesday's egg was the same shade/color as Sunday's egg, so I'm assuming they were laid by the same hen. Tuesday egg was also definitely bigger!

I haven't had another egg the same color as Friday's... maybe it was just a coloring fluke?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by