1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So frustrating!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Country Gal, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    So I got my first egg on Friday, followed by one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Based on color differences between the eggs, I'm thinking that I may have 2 hens that have started laying. [​IMG]

I decided to keep my first egg, it is afterall a monumental occasion! So I blew the egg out and have it sitting in my china cabinet.

I gave away my second egg to one of my girlfriends who was over when I found it. I kept the third egg for myself.

Being that these were all the small pullet eggs, I figured that I needed a couple more before I made my first omelet. I was hoping to have another one, maybe two, waiting for me in the coop when I got home from work on Monday.

NOTHING! [​IMG]

I was really craving that omelet! I can't wait until all the girls start laying on some kind of regular schedule!

Oh well, maybe today... [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I hope there are 2 eggs in there, waiting for ya when you get home! This seems to be the hardest part.

3. Country Gal

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    I sure hope so! It was so hard waiting for them to start laying, I can't believe they are teasing me like this!

4. 7chickininas

7chickininas Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2007
    Idaho
    Country Gal

you just got me wondering [​IMG] if the egg I got today is from my Oprah (black orpington). She just started to lay last Thursday. I know that her sister Lacy who is a silver laced wyandotte ( well not really they were hatched at the same time, so I'm told) is really close to laying. They are about 24 weeks old.

here is a closer pix of the eggs I've gathered since Thursday. By the way Oprah is not regular yet.

For sure, the first 2 (on the left ) are Oprahs'

[​IMG]

the one on the far right is darker than the first 2

5. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Beauties!

6. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Im so jealous. I got 11 more weeks! Even then, i only have one standard..... [​IMG]

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Nice!

8. Country Gal

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Well, I am happy to announce that after my eggless Monday, I did come home to an egg on Tuesday and promptly made scrambled eggs.

Tuesday's egg was the same shade/color as Sunday's egg, so I'm assuming they were laid by the same hen. Tuesday egg was also definitely bigger!

I haven't had another egg the same color as Friday's... maybe it was just a coloring fluke?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by