So funny!!

Leslieb118

Songster
8 Years
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville
So, being the day before Thanksgiving, I'm doing a lot of cooking today. My chickens don't have an enclosed run, yet.. so when I let them out, I sit out there with them for sometimes hours on end. It's sometimes difficult to lure 8 chickens to the coop when I need to go in. Well, by accident just a few minutes ago, I got them all in really quick. I had put some sweet potatoes in the oven to bake for an hour. I set the kitchen timer but I knew I definitely wouldn't hear that from outside. So while outside, I searched for a kitchen timer app on my phone and downloaded it. I set it for 40 minutes. I checked the timer a little bit ago and I had 4 minutes to go. My son pulled in the driveway so I was going to have him babysit the chickens while I get the sweet potatoes out of the oven. All of a sudden I hear a "cock-a-doodle-do" coming from somewhere..It was coming from my pocket. I pulled the phone out of my pocket and it kept repeating. I've never seen my chickens move so fast to the coop!!! Hopefully, this app has a setting where I can change that because I don't want to scare my babies like that!!
big_smile.png

I just posted a little while ago about being in the run with my chicks. I had set a timer on my phone for cookies I was baking. It had the "elephant charging" sound on it, when it went off my chicks took off and hid behind me!

Quote:
That's so funny!! I was expecting some buzzer/dinger type sound, not a rooster!! I figured it was set that way in a sense to say "your chicken is done!" But I can't imagine cooking an elephant!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom