So funny!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Leslieb118, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    So, being the day before Thanksgiving, I'm doing a lot of cooking today. My chickens don't have an enclosed run, yet.. so when I let them out, I sit out there with them for sometimes hours on end. It's sometimes difficult to lure 8 chickens to the coop when I need to go in. Well, by accident just a few minutes ago, I got them all in really quick. I had put some sweet potatoes in the oven to bake for an hour. I set the kitchen timer but I knew I definitely wouldn't hear that from outside. So while outside, I searched for a kitchen timer app on my phone and downloaded it. I set it for 40 minutes. I checked the timer a little bit ago and I had 4 minutes to go. My son pulled in the driveway so I was going to have him babysit the chickens while I get the sweet potatoes out of the oven. All of a sudden I hear a "cock-a-doodle-do" coming from somewhere..It was coming from my pocket. I pulled the phone out of my pocket and it kept repeating. I've never seen my chickens move so fast to the coop!!! Hopefully, this app has a setting where I can change that because I don't want to scare my babies like that!! [​IMG]
  2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
  3. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    hahahahaha!! too funny!
  4. joymac

joymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2011
    Southeastern NC
    I just posted a little while ago about being in the run with my chicks. I had set a timer on my phone for cookies I was baking. It had the "elephant charging" sound on it, when it went off my chicks took off and hid behind me!
  5. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Quote:That's so funny!! I was expecting some buzzer/dinger type sound, not a rooster!! I figured it was set that way in a sense to say "your chicken is done!" But I can't imagine cooking an elephant! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by