So glad i called and asked for a tracking number :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by littlekatzz, Feb 18, 2015.

1. littlekatzz

littlekatzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2012
    I was expecting my chicks to ship out this morning. Got a email last nite they shipped, but it was dated for today. So I called ideal and asked if they had a tracking number yet...and found out yes they did ship out a day early. So now I can make sure they reach here ok or if they get held at my main post office tonight maybe even get them a day and half early

2. chick2good4u

chick2good4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine shipped out from Ideal early too! Can't wait. Hope they make it ok - so cold here!

3. littlekatzz

Jan 23, 2012
    Well we have been having unseasonably warm weather here in northern nv... 70degrees and mild lol. A few cold nights, I'm used to closer to ten degrees this time of yr. but I'm still worried about my chicks. Then again I always worry lol. Got another order coming from cackle next week as well.

4. chick2good4u

chick2good4u Chillin' With My Peeps

70 sounds nice right now. -3 is the predicted low tonight here in middle Tennessee [​IMG]

5. littlekatzz

Jan 23, 2012
    And no baby chicks at my rural office... Not happy atm :/. Hoping the tracking number will show them at the reno main office later today and I can go in and pick them up there

6. littlekatzz

Jan 23, 2012
    Sure enough chicks were at the main office in reno later in the day. I didn't want to leave them there another day so I went and picked them up in reno. I lost all my bantams and one of my ducks. Ideal was awesome to deal with. They are sending out replacements . I didn't want to take a chance of the bantams getting trampled by the ducks again, so I asked to replace my duck with a extra blue laced Wyandotte .

7. rides2far

rides2far Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Bakersfield California
    Good to hear how good Ideal was to deal with. I'm expecting 20 babies from them. They should ship 3/4 & arrive here by 3/6. I've already texted to make sure order is on schedule. This waiting is killing me! I will be sure to ask for a tracking number when they email me. So sorry about your bantys[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by