So glad to be here....

dawn0326

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Westport, WA
I have been wanting/needing to find a forum for backyard chicken people! I love my chickens and unfortunately today one of mine died...a cute little showgirl named Penelope. My daughter and I are missing her and her flock is too! I still have four other chickens who are not quite a year old yet...one barred rock (Spinnie), 2 gray silkies (Lulu and Leah) and a Wyandotte (Penny). This is the first time I've had chickens so I am trying to learn quick. I have them in a chicken tractor and they are such a sweet group. 3 of them are laying already. I'm worried since one died unexpectedly and since we don't know why. I'm hoping to keep the rest healthy. I look forward to learning more here and to making some friends who also love chickens.
thanks, dawn:)

welcome-byc.gif
from Arkansas, and sorry about your loss.

Thanks everybody! I'm very happy to be here. Can't wait to post pics. And I'm also from NW WA...very west...on the coast
big_smile.png

Welcome Dawn! I'm so sorry about your sweet little hen. Mine are all under a year old too. I lost one of my original 4 in a freak heatwave in Sept. We were so devastated. I cried for a week, then I had to get 3 new chicks to replace her. And then 4 more..just because
hide.gif
They call that chicken math around here.
tongue.png
Beware! But welcome from CA.
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
chicken math....I like the sound of that. I'm already dreaming about adding more this spring.

I started with 6...now, two years later, I'm up to roughly 60!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom