so, got a little giant bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rocketdog312, Dec 29, 2009.

1. rocketdog312

rocketdog312 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    and i have 10 eggs sitting in it.

102-100 degrees at the top of the eggs using their thermometer.

I know alot of people say the thermometer is junk but mine is perfectly calibrated. I put it in some ice and it read 32 degrees and it read the room temperature exactly with my thermostat. so thats good.

I don't have a hydrometer, nor do i plan to get one. I think I'll survive without one.

it fluctuates alot from 104-100 and needs alot of adjusting. Its still air with no fan and no turner.

any tips would greatly be appreciated and if someone would tell me the temperatures/humidity for peafowl eggs would be great.

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I have an LG still air too.

Its great!! I had a great hatch last time, and have pipped button quail eggs in it right now!! [​IMG]

3. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

I only have LG Incubators. Here is a link to my page hopefully some of this might help you out on keeping yours stable....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=3506-lg-incubator-journel

any tips would greatly be appreciated and if someone would tell me the temperatures/humidity for peafowl eggs would be great.

Peafowl eggs are not easy to incubate in an incubator. It is a turning thing for them.... they do not do well on an egg turner but need a lot of turning when they first start to develope. Our friend's who raise them swear the best way to start a peafowl egg is to set them under a broody turkey. Temps for them are the same as chicken eggs just development is longer. Since you do not have a hydrometer then you do not need to bother with the humdity on the eggs since you have nothing that can read it.

Good luck with your hatch!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  4. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    If you have read any of my post, you know that I use many LGs. The whole trick with them is, once you get them set, DO NOT TOUCH THEM. Yes, they are touchy, but they can and do work. I have put them up against some of the best and came out on top. Maybe not because they are a better bator, but because I know how to use them. If I were able to supply a cabinet bator in the class rooms vs a LG, would I? NO. To many times the younger students have knocked the bator over. Much easier to replace a $50 bator vs a $750 one. Take the time to learn how to use your bator and you will have many successful hatches. Until you do, you will have many failures. Good luck and have fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by