So Grossed Out!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CK Chickadilly, Dec 3, 2008.

1. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ok, I am one of those that can & can't eat eggs....

For example, I love deviled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, loaded omelets. Now this morning I made scrambled eggs with cheese & I am still thinking about it & still gagging! I have a hard time eating scrambled, fried eggs & hard boiled.

My scrambled eggs smelled good, & actually had a good taste but I just was gagging trying to get them down!

What is wrong with me! LOL It's like I can't get it outta my mind now & I still feel gaggy! Good grief! [​IMG]

Anyone else feel the same way? [​IMG]

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    You are not alone! I love eggs cooked in any fashion except scrambled. Don't ask me why, I don't know if it's a texture thing or having runny scrambled eggs as a kid & can't get that experience out of my mind. But I gag too when it comes to me eating scrambled eggs. [​IMG]

3. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Sorry that happens to you. My step daughter is like that too. I love eggs, but while I was pregnet I couldn't even look at an egg without gaging. As soon as the baby was born it went away. I have problems eating some foods too and finally decided it has to do with different food textures. Like anything with the texture of pudding or with strings (oranges,celery) I cannot eat.

4. RIVERA69R

RIVERA69R Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    VENICE FL
    Stop your making me hungry lol!

5. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Can't deal with runny yolks and that is how my mom made them when I was a kid. Go figure!
    Scrambled egg in a breakfast burrito is lovely. Extra salsa!

6. peeplessinNC

peeplessinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    NC Piedmont
    I'm not quite sure why you can eat deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches but can't eat a hard boiled egg? Oh well, to each his/her own. Please do not ever offer me a fried egg with a runny yolk....I will exit the room most speedily!

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I only eat scrambled when I have grits to mix them in.

8. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Part of it is blood spots in the eggs too. I have been reading about them & how they are no big deal but I just have a problem with it all.

9. glassparman

glassparman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Mojave, CA
    Man o Man, I'm sorry to hear all this.

Unfortunately for me, I eat everything!

Not really!

I actually have what I call "mush-mouth" syndrome.

I can't eat anything that is like pudding, instant mashed potatoes, apple sauce. It's just that feeling of mush in my mouth that makes me gag.

Its funny how something in our past has caused this problem whether we realize it or not.

10. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I think it's the texture of scrambled eggs -- DH chokes them down, but has to eat a bite of toast with every bite of egg. He loves fried eggs though .... go figure [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by