So here's some new baby pictures...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Kwartel, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Kwartel

Kwartel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    These little guys hatched this last weekend. They're a lively bunch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been busy around the house. Unpacked the new Brinsea Eco 20 you guys talked me into buying (y'all are probably getting kickbacks from Brinsea for advertising). We'll see if it is as magical as I've heard it is; it certainly looks all fancy.

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

OH what a cute little batch of boogers.

3. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Wow, congrats. [​IMG]
    That is an awesome color mix for a small batch!

4. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sweeeet batch of "chickpeas" [​IMG]
    what is the bedding that you are using?

5. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Quote:The bedding looks like "Yesterdays News" to me. That would also explain the chick color mix. I wonder who could pull that one off?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  6. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:The bedding looks like "Yesterdays News" to me. That would also explain the chick color mix. I wonder who could pull that one off?

Joe , why would the bedding "also explain the chick color mix " ?
    and how does it work with hatchlings? My chicks needed their bedding changed about 3 times a day before they were old enough to go outside...YUCK!

7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Soooooo cute! [​IMG]

8. Kwartel

Kwartel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Oklahoma

Joe , why would the bedding "also explain the chick color mix " ?
    and how does it work with hatchlings? My chicks needed their bedding changed about 3 times a day before they were old enough to go outside...YUCK!

The bedding is Cozy N Fresh, processed pine with carbon. For me, it works a lot better than pine shavings, lasts longer, feet stay clean and dry, and its non-toxic so they can nibble it and when it is time to change it, it goes in the compost pile. I hatched the chicks out of eggs I got from quaillady. They are gorgeous little birds, if I do say so myself, and I can't wait til they are grown up and feathered out. [​IMG]

9. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I knew they looked familiar. The regular tux looks like it's mom [​IMG] in cage C4 LOL. same markings! Some of my colors are in pairs because of color projects and easy to record that way for some. Congrats!!!! [​IMG]

10. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Awwww! How cute! Looking forward to hatching out some of their siblings and half siblings soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by