so how about you deer hunters??

I cant wait too! Starts beg. of Dec here. My best was last year, 9 pt buck ran right up to me...I had only been sitting on the fallen tree for seriously 3 minutes and he ran right up to where we were. I had the shot, hubby didn't, I went to draw my gun, and it's a good thing I was wearing my dads binoculars because if the gun wouldnt have hit off the binoculars i dont think my buck would have stopped. He stopped in his tracks and stared at me for what seemed like forever....(probably half a second lol), I aimed at the only place I could right at the front of his chest (he was only 3 ft from me if that) it was through brush, so the slug instead of going directly where I put it went through the side of his neck and some how binged right into his heart and lungs. He went down right where he stood. Biggest deer I've ever shot. My husband and dad (we called him to help us haul the buck out there was no way we were going to be able to lift him up on our jeep) had a heck of a time dragging him only about a football field lenght out of the woods to his truck. I tried to help but I don't claim to be strong
wink.png

I get him back from the taxidermist in 2 weeks *which will be over a year since I've seen him lol!*
mybuck.jpg

comon' guys and gals post your deer pics I KNOW theres more hunters out there
big_smile.png

Here's our 15 y/o DS's first deer taken in October. He's taken an elk and some small game before, but was WAY more excited about this deer than any of those. This is a cell phone pic.

7afded16-1.jpg

And, here's DH's Whitetail he took in Texas in '06. This was the biggest deer he's taken. We can't seem to find the big bucks here in Arizona.

4e7afaee-1.jpg

DH took a nice 6 point (we only count points on one side here) bull elk in September during archery season. This is the first bull tag he's drawn in over 10 years, and only had 1 cow tag during that time. Another cell phone pic here.

Hmmm.......can't get the pic to load. I'll try again later......

I feel so awkward posting on this site...I'm always here, just never have anything to say. Buuuut I am very excited to hunt for the first time this year. I'm 24 and finally decided I really want to go out. I'll be shocked if I even see a deer cause I have terrible luck with anything like that, although my dad found me "my" buck for this year..a little 5 point. I will never have the luck of some people..like all of you...or my brother...this is his buck when he was 16 I believe, completely unfair if you ask me. That's also the biggest buck I've ever seen, and he's rubbed in my face everyday staring back at me on the wall. Apparently we have a buck that's much bigger than this guy, until I see him, however, he doesn't exist.
cool.png

extrabuck.jpg

Finally got it......here's DH's elk from this year.

b444117c.jpg

BTW, monarc, congratulations to you! That's a nice deer!! And, cmb, don't feel bad. It goes the same way for me!! I almost think that's subconciously why I don't hunt too much! LOL

DHs doe he shot with muzzleloader.....weighed in at 95 pounds field dressed....
11044_dscf0027.jpg

11044_dscf0028.jpg

sorry pics are so dark i took them in the garage.

Last edited:
Here's my 4 pointer from last Tuesday...not the biggest deer ever but still a nice buck. I was very happy! Double lung shot with my 30.06!

15898_p1010342.jpg

The dog in the background is Maggie, our pregnant chocolate lab, taking a sniff. Puppies anyone? She's due any day now;)

Lori

Quote:
YAY go you! Show your brother you can get the big uns too! Took me until last year before I got one I could be proud of compaired to my brothers. My brother got his monster (a 14 pt) YEARS ago if im not mistaken he was 15.....*grrr*...lol! He's mounted in our livingroom, I call him "mooseelkie" becase one side of his antlers are plated like a mooses, the other side is tall and long like an elks pretty neat.

Ofcourse I havent beaten mybro yet in points, but theres always this year or next. I'm 24 too by the way!
wink.png
I've deffinatly beat my poor hubby in number of deer, and number of points, maybe he'll show me up this year...i'd be proud of him if he did.
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks!
smile.png
I'm very proud of him, I wish we would have weighed him though. Hubby said no doubt topping over 190, I say way more than that but im not a human scale lol! He was heavy though! Heavier than any before...i dont even begin to imagine how people drag out elks! In peices? LOL!

The taxidermist said he has one of the widest necks he's ever seen ona buck, i hope he shows that in his mount pose.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom