So how come nobody said "Chickens are an Addiction"

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Grindlefamily, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    I really need Chicken-a-holics anonymous - [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have chicks (plenty for my small parcel of land) But I want more and more and more!!!!

I want lots of different ones - they are so pretty and such fun to watch!!! [​IMG]

AHHHHH!!!!!! I've been "pecked" by the bug and it is not going away!!

Louella

2. aliena614

aliena614 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Honey WELCOME TO THE CLUB! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Fenderville

Fenderville Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    It will be ok... I have it too...

Some think I am crazy cause I like to just sit and watch the chickens...

I have plenty of chickens but I am already thinking of getting more and adding on to the coop.. and ... and...

[​IMG]

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    We never tell newbies about the addiction, we don't like to spoil the surprise [​IMG]

5. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Ahem, I believe if you would have read the entire home page, you would have caught on. This means you were in denial, or thought it "couldn't happen to you", which is the same thing anyway. Do not try to fight it, resistance is futile. Just stay here and let everyone help to feed it. See, it feels SO good, doesn't it? Why would you want to give it up? Yes, it will consume your life, but what else is there? Chickens are good, this type of addiction is good, BYC is good. Look at yourself in the mirror three times a day and repeat the last sentence at least 10 times per session.
    Now you have the DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY to try and recruit everyone you know to have and love chickens. You WILL be assimilated! And you will LOVE it!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. melleo

melleo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    St. Paris ohio
    I am the same way I read about someone's special chickens like the blue orps or the
    blue cochins and I'm like I want some too!!!
    I think if I told my hubby that He would probably shoot me.
    We have just finished the chicken coop and runs and I know there's not room for any more and he's thinking I can relax. Wrong there's always something to do right??

Melia

7. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    [​IMG][​IMG] I doubled our flock in one day and have lots of eggs coming in the mail to hatch. I'm a chickin-aholic, a hatch-aholic, and a BYC- aholic. I guess there could be much worse addictions than these.

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh yes! Just wait until you get that incubator. Then you'll really be in trouble! [​IMG]

9. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    Quote:YES! I CAN ATTEST TO THIS! [​IMG] They don't tell! I've only been a member since April and I think I've changed my status 3-4 times already! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I tripled my number in a month. Which sounds impressive until I tell you I only started with one. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  10. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    My name is angel (hi angel), i'm a chic-o-holic, i've been one for about a year, and don't plan to stop. Problem? I don't have a problem!!! 1st chic-o-holics reaction, (Chick-anial)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by