1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So how hard should i kill him?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by rooster brandon., Nov 24, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Guess what just a little bit ago i heard the dogs barking loud and shined the light outside and saw two glowing eyes glowing right back at me and that raccoon ran fast in the woods but he will be back i wouldn't be worried if it wasn't for my silkie chicks didn`t go into the coop and decided to sleep out side (in the run in a pile )at the side of the fence so im sittin out all night with my bow and arrows im a dead on shot with this old thing.....so how hard should i shoot him?

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Hard enough to knock it back into the woods! [​IMG]

3. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    Quote:x2

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Why don't you pick the silkies up and put them in the coop? That way you can get some sleep.

5. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Oh he aint going back in the woods hes going into chicken mittens!Talk about cozy chickens lets see how he likes them chicken fingers.......... [​IMG]

6. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Quote:AH well because well.....me and my friends are haveing a thanksgiving all nighter PARTY SO WHATS A LITTLE CHICKEN WATCHING?

7. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Blow the darn thing into next turkey day.[​IMG]

8. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    give it all you got [​IMG]

9. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Blow that weed hacker back into the hole he come crawlin out of.[​IMG]

10. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

We had one wandering around our fenced in yard one day last summer so we called the local police because it was obviously sick. The cop came while I was out and told my DH raccoons were hard to kill and then he shot the raccoon with his service pistol, which I assume is a 38 or 9 mil, 3 times point blank. Then he asked my DH if he would bury it out in the park because the second shift hated it when dead animals were left in the trunk of the squad car. DH had to finish it off with a shovel in order to bury the poor thing. And it was sick. After the third shot, DH told the cop, "Good thing my wife isn't here".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by