So I am a bit bummed....but....Update!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by buzymom13, Jan 5, 2011.

1. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    Got a LG 9200 still air incubator for Christmas. I was so excited. My husband isn't known for "getting the perfect gift" but this time he scored bigtime!!! Anyways, I have been researching on BYC since Christmas of course because I LOVE this website and finally decided yesterday to set up the incubator to just do a test "dry" run and make sure i knew how to work it. I got my hygrometer all calibrated and set up the incubator. The heating coil is broken because after over nite and all day it won't go above 60 degrees F. So, tomorrow we have to take it back and get a new one.

So, I'm a little bummed but still excited that I'll get to try again...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    good thing you did a dry run then!

3. KatieBugg

KatieBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Holts Summit, MO
    That bites bad!! Better now than in the middle of a clutch of eggs [​IMG]

4. buzymom13

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

Hubby just brought home the replacement incubator and it WORKS!!! Yay!!!! I'm happy. Setting it up and checking out how it works and all now. WOOHOO!!! [​IMG]

5. buzymom13

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

It only took me 2 hrs to set it up and get the temp regulated to 99.9 degrees. My humidity is 50%....now I'm waiting to see if there's any flucuations...or problems... YAY!!!

[​IMG]

6. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    Try putting some store bought eggs in...not to hatch but to see fluctuations for when you put real eggs in. Keep the eggs in there for a couple of days to see if temps are still good, then throw those eggs away and hopefully you are good to go when you get your realy eggs to incubate!!!

Good luck!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by