1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So...I am now OFFICIALLY nuts, right?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 4H kids and mom, Jun 21, 2007.

1. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    I must be seriously off the deep end. No really. I think I've lost it.

I bought my goats collars! No, not just any collars. Pretty pink (for Hershey) and purple (for Fudge) satiny rhinestone jeweled fancypants collars! [​IMG] Rather pricey too (for GOATS!) at almost $10 EACH. [​IMG]

Hahaha. Not only did I buy the collars, but I also told the cashier they were for my GOATS (to which she was like "Goats?" with this weird look on her face). Not only did I actually BUY them, but when I got home, I really put them ON them! [​IMG]

Awwww...they look so cute! So fancy! I'll take pics tomorrow and post cuz I just have to share the insanity so I dont get lonely in my crazy little corner of the world! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Nah you've been officially nuts for awhile now. You just put an exclamation point on it. [​IMG]

3. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    [​IMG]

both of ya

4. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Hahaha! Now THATS funny! [​IMG] I really am, aren't I? lol

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

The funny thing about all of this is...
    I was looking through old emergency posts to find something in particular, and I found a post where you were freaking out... And it ended up the chickens were just dust bathing! [​IMG]
    Now look at you with your goats and chickens!! You're a pro already!

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I think you are a great momma! Letting them have thier own jewlery. Awwww...so sweet!! Nuts?? Maybe just a little....but widely accepted. From freaking out, to farm momma...you made it..and now your a pro with many breeds! LOL

7. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Who can help dressing up their goats? They are soooo cute!!

When I was a kid we had a goat named puddles who actually lived in the house with us (can you guess why we, at 3 and 4, named her puddles??).

Btw, we had a goat name Fudgicle!

-Meghan

8. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all,

I wanted to get my goats collars a couple of months ago. I went to Petsmart. I wanted to get those "break-away" collars in case they got caught somewhere, but they were only in the cat sizes, and I needed something in the dog sizes. I guess they don't make break away collars for dogs.

Where did you find yours, 4H? [​IMG]

9. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Ok, I feel better now! We're both nuts I guess..... We are looking to buy a pygmy/miniature goat soon, and I told my hubby I was going to put a rhinestone collar on it....he looked at me like I'd lost my mind........

I'm so gonna do it.....now....In can say "see I'm not the only one"....ha ha [​IMG]

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's not crazy!

It's funny the things you see at goat shows. Lots of people there have different collars! I think they show in choker collars though.

Back when our goats were smaller, we would take them for walks down our street. We live on a dead end road, but I'm sure you can still imagine the looks we got! I think my goat had a red collar and the other had a blue. We didn't leave the collars on, but they worked well when we went for walks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by