So I broke down and placed an order

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
With Ideal for some chicks set to arrive this next week. I had 6 eggs in the bator and they were doing very well. 1 hatched and then nothing for over 24 hours. I started candling and 1 eggs had stopped developing and the others just died in shell. So I have 1 lonely little Mille Fleur who is snuggling a cloth diaper right now.

So I went online last night and ordered her (hoping) some additional Mille Fleur D' uccle and Blue Mille Fleur and then some silkies for good measure because I love them so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been considering ordering from them this week too! Please post pics when they arrive
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh no....were those my babies?

I wonder what happened? I had one lonely Serama chick so I had to go borrow some babies from another BYCer to keep it company.

Hatching is either so exciting or so sad.
sad.png

I had a humidity issue on Sunday while gone for 4 hours with the kids for soccer. That is all I can think. Now I did open all eggs. 1 stopped before lockdown. ALL remaining 5 developed and were chirping on Saturday morning. 1 hatched but had to have lots of help, she pipped and zipped but got stuck. The rest were fully developed just did not hatch so I am choking it up to the humidity. This one is healthy and friendly and active though so only 1 is sad but a joy because she is so tiny and cute.

Airilith--- I will post as soon as they arrive, I have confirmation they will ship on 11/4
smile.png

Quote:
YAY!!!

Well it seems I was too slow. They sold out of silkies, so now I can't order enough to meet the $25 minimum. So I posted in the WTB forum
big_smile.png
*crosses fingers*

I had one chick hatch last Friday and then two days later another one hatched. So I did get lucky because I at least hatched two. My single little chick sitting there was so sad. I held it alot in the warmth of my hand. I feel for you. I had 2 out of 11.

Hope those babies hurry and get to your little one!

I took total leave of my senses and ordered 35 Cornish X from Ideal. They are to be shipped out Wednesday. They had a really good deal going on meaties and I couldn't resist. The problem is that the pen where I raise meaties is full of egg laying breed pullets. We are making a coop for them but it isn't ready yet. Meaning I bought a playhouse off of craigslist. We just moved it home last night and it is still on the truck. Then it needs to be unloaded fitted out for the hens. I have a metal water trough fitted out as a temporary brooder for the chicks. I am cleaning out a small box stall today to put them in because the water trough isn't going to be big enough for long. Hopefully we will have the coop ready before they outgrow the little box stall. It was a stall I use to use for kidding goats and to raise baby goats so it isn't very big, only about six feet square. If I had just stayed off of BYC I wouldn't have known about the sale at Ideal and I wouldn't be in this mess. So it is all BYC's fault.

Laughing really hard! My husband says I always put the cart before the horse. Sounds like you did too.
I have two chicks that hatched out of eleven so I could not stay off of here and ended up buying 7 chicks
from a BYC member here in Colorado. Will be okay in the brooder BUT I want to keep them seperated for breeding purposes
from my other flock in the other coop.

Let's start a new thread HOW MANY COOPS DO YOU HAVE?? Always nice to know I am not the only one!

Back
Top Bottom