So, I brought my favorite duckie inside last night...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peepsandquacks, Jun 16, 2011.

1. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Mr Donald came inside with me for a little bit, because he is my favorite out of the 2. He was always the most social while in the brooder. (my female is completely unsocial). I wanted to play with him a little because we are moving and I have to rehome him. Well, I brought him in and put him down on the kitchen floor. He walked right up to me and jumped in my lap, then burried his head into me. I then put him in the shower and watched him play in the 'rain'. He was so happy and in love with me.

So what did I do? I purchased a diaper harness from themothergoose, and I am bring him with me to my new apartment. He will become a house duck. I already found a home for Daisy my unsocial female. The woman has a flock of ducks and chickens and will be taking my guinnea hens as well (the ducks are living with them now so Daisy will still have her flock). I work from home, so I will be home alot of the time anyway, so he should be happy. It was just breaking my heart to leave him.

2. pixiedouglas

pixiedouglas Chillin' With My Peeps

good for you! good luck!

3. the duck whisperer

the duck whisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Ohio
    good for you, have fun with your new house pet.

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Indoor ducks are great! I have 2 right now and 3 more in the brooder [​IMG] My 2 love to jump in my lap and snuggle to!

5. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    i'm glad your keeping him, good luck!! [​IMG]

6. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Thanks! He hasnt been inside for 2 months now. Its funny because when hes with my female outside he wants nothing to do with me, and acts scared of me. But when he is seperated from her he acts like he never left the house... Completely at home.

7. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Same with my Pekin Male BigMomma. When hes out in the pen he acts sort of scared until i pull him close to me and he'll try and climb in my lap on my shoulders and on my head like a frantic playful puppy. Then when i bring him inside he follows me and everything..strange, cute, and incredible little creatures! [​IMG]

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Good luck! And, it's probably good that you're bringing the male as he won't be as loud. Is your apartment manager OK with you having a house duck?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by