So I caught my dad looking at more horses for sale...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, May 3, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Apparently my dad has been looking at horses for sale on the internet. We already have three...one of which we bought last month. She isn't even two yet. I do know he has talked about a fourth horse since our oldest will have to be retired soon. The prices of horses here in NJ are finally coming down.

I never thought we'd actually have three horses, but four?! LOL, It would be fun though...especially if we were able to find a nice broke, middle aged, trail horse. I'm not really sure what his plans are, but I know I'll have my hands full this summer with the two year old. I'm really looking forward to training her up to be my riding horse!

2. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Too bad you don't live near me. I would give you a horse for free![​IMG]

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Haha! Too bad! [​IMG] Even though the prices here in NJ are going down a little, they still haven't come down like they have in other states. It's very frustrating!

4. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Prices here are Very Low and people are just giving them away. We got a dead broke QH who's 25, she's a sweetie just a month ago from a lady for FREE! Her only requirement was if she didn't work for us that we give her back. She's just an awesome horse, so we're thrilled to have her!!! [​IMG]

5. PoultryScienceAggie

PoultryScienceAggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    College Station, TX
    They are soo low here as well. I bought a super black filly the other day for $25.00. She will be an awesome horse one day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by