So I feel like I'm flooding the boards today, but 25" tall chicken!?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sixlittlechicks09, Aug 2, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Hey everyone! I was out feeding my flock tonight, and I really got to looking at Pat, my RIR hen/rooster? (we still have decided) and I was like, WHOA. TALL CHICKEN. Pat's always been tall, but I never really payed attention until tonight. So I brought her inside and took some measurements. My dear Pat has, from the top of her hip to the tip of her toenail her legs are 15 inches long!? And when she stands totally upright, with her neck stretched out she's 25(ish) inches tall?! What the heck! All I can think is she must be some kind of a crossbreed, she's got weird looking feathers too, they're still fluffy near her body, but then normal on the tips. She's almost like half a silkie! haha any ideas what she could be crossed with? I'll get some pics up soon, our camera is currently in the process of being a piece of junk or else I'd put a bunch up. [​IMG]

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

sounds like a rooster to me, they get big and tall

3. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Sometimes I think, sometimes I think not. Pat doesn't crow, the other two boys do. Pat has spur nubs, like were spurs should be coming through, but there are none? And I've seen the boys trying to... "Have at" Pat... She does have a big red comb, but NO waddles. At all. But one of our other "For Sure" hens has a big comb too.
    Haha I suppose I'll have to wait and see if she starts laying.

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    You can't tell a story like that and then not post pictures!

That is just wrong!

(Love the name btw...LOL....obviously an SNL fan in the house)

5. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Quote:Hahaha alright alright, I'll get some up tonight! =]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by