So... I got back into ducks...

chicken_boy_Kurt

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
I bought six Call ducklings from a friend's parents in my 4-H club, and they're currently making me kick out my resident chickens (I only have four, and I need to simplify and downsize because of college). So I'll probably be keeping the best trio from that. Maybe a quad, though. And then I'm buying my friend's trio of Saxony hens from Holderread's. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I could buy a nice Saxony drake? Would I just contact Holderread's? Do they sell adults/juveniles?

But yeah, I'm really excited, 'cause it's been awhile since I've owned ducks. And I've always wanted Calls. :]

Quote:
Congrats! I had a call pair, but I traded them for two female khakis, I was in need of eggs. I had a black bibbed, and a grey pied, the bibbed was the female, and the pied was the male. post pics when you can!

Welcome back to Duckdom!
frow.gif

Where do you live? I still have a couple of very pretty drakes from this summer's hatch for another week. I outcrossed Holderread's to another line and they are beauties! Not much use if you aren't nearby though. I'm in Eastern WA.

Oh man, I would have on idea how to ship him! I don't even have a local Post Office any more. So sorry!

I could ship eggs next spring, if you want to try to hatch them (and I won't ding you a fortune on them either!). I don't have breeders separated out now and they aren't laying a whole lot atm in any case, pretty wintery here.

GrannyCarol are you very far from a post office? I can tell you how to ship him if it wouldn't be a long way for you to go to a PO.
Shipping loves from WA to PA MIGHT be pretty costly, though. You could call and find out.

Back
Top Bottom