So I have a broody hen...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sheps4her, Apr 16, 2009.

1. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    So of course what did I do?????? Moved her and gave her some eggs of course! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh boy, I have it baaaaadddd! I also hope to be purchasing some buff orp eggs to refill my bator! You guys are terrible to have done this to me!!! And to think it started off with a stray hen named cynthia,
    [​IMG]
    and me finding this site to find out how to take care of her! [​IMG] Who woulda known? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    Good for you,game hens make great sitters.

3. sheps4her

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    What will I do with all these chicks?!? Ohhhh Dhhhhh! I have some wood and a list for yoooouuuuu! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Wher did you move her to ? In the house in a cage or what ? i have a bantam went broodie today and IM expecting eggs Monday. Thought about putting a few under her ?

5. sheps4her

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    Quote:I moved her to an old rabbit hutch that I had outside. I am thinking about putting the hutch in the pen with the others so there hopefully won't be too much of a problem when she has to go back with everyone else...

6. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    [​IMG] Good idea. I put my broddy in a dog kennel on a couple of her eggs and she has her own foord and water. She seems happy in there. IM hoping to replace them with a few fertile ones on Monday. My hen is a dutch bantam. [​IMG]

Let me know how your girl does.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by