So....I have a question.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Am I the only one who CRIES when those ASPCA commercials come on? Or the Pedigree ones with the shelter dogs? [​IMG] I have to change the channel or I start bawling!

2. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Those are tear jerkers.....I have to.

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Oh good..I'm glad I'm not the only one !

There was a commercial on this morning showing different pictures of dogs and then it would have words like: BEATEN (with a picture) and then STARVED (with a picture) and "LEFT TO DIE" (with a picture)--OMG! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I find it sickening and loathe those commercials....all I can think of them now as they play it over and over...MONEY!

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Probably true....but they do need donations and what a better than playing them on Animal Planet? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Those places make me sick.

You notice that they always talk about you donating, but never about the adoptions that should be happening.

When I donate to a rescue, it is one that I know wants to adopt out the animals to good homes and is not all about the almighty dollar. You know that CEO is paid as is probably the endorsing actors.

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    all the time! now if i see the commerical start up, i change the channel. too sad. [​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Yeah...don't really even have a local shelter--the nearest no-kill is pretty far away and I've gotten three cats from them.

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Probably....they should instead put pictures of animals for adoption with a phone number...actual animals...

10. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I always turn the channel when those come on...ugh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by