So I have an OVERACHIEVER

Tashua

Songster
6 Years
Apr 29, 2017
North Florida
The girls just started laying in the last month or so , all hatched about mid August 2020 ......have one gal who seems to think she’s a duck ! The eggs are huge & mostly double yolks !!
lays about every other day 🤷‍♀️
I’m such A proud mama lol
I also have a couple RIR who lay quail sized eggs lol

Attachments

• DC43C64F-A526-448E-B2CC-A2AF22BB071C.jpeg
    DC43C64F-A526-448E-B2CC-A2AF22BB071C.jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 4B08C2E5-7E86-4900-AFAE-E2D1DBC7E89F.jpeg
    4B08C2E5-7E86-4900-AFAE-E2D1DBC7E89F.jpeg
    355.8 KB · Views: 2
When my first batch of pullets started laying, I was all excited about the monster eggs. Then I read about prolapsed vents. When my second batch started laying, I was checking everyone when I'd find a biggie. Luckily, there have been no problems, and most of them have settled down into normal sizes.

I sell most of my eggs, so the ones that don't fit in the carton are the ones I eat. The Speckled Sussex are pretty small, so I keep those ones too. My personal egg container is a motley mix of double yolks and itty bitties.

I had a deal with one of my co-workers a while back. I would give him the biggest eggs, sometimes double yolkers, some so big I had to close the carton with rubber bands. He was my best customer. He felt special because I would let him know when he was gonna get a screamer! (sound chicken makes when she lays the jumbo egg). Once I even candled the egg for him to show him the double yolks. I always keep the little ones for home use.

Back
Top Bottom