So I have bacterial pneumonia

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Jun 8, 2011.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    And I am kind of relieved, to be honest.

Doing the "this is only a cold and I need to just suffer through it" zombie death walk shuffle was getting really old. When she said, "You have pneumonia and you're a public health hazard and you must stay home for three days to keep from infecting other people." I was aghast. But, what about???? You know the 87 million things I have to do and places I have to go and and and and

She said saying you have pneumonia people understand and they'll have to get on without you.

Funny thing was - she has been right.

With the exception of my kids, everyone has been super understanding and helpful. The kids are kids. They manage understanding and helpful for about ten minutes then they go back to "Mooom!"

My pulse-ox at the doctor was 92. My blood pressure was low my heart rate was high. So I got a nebulizer treatment then and there. She gave me awesome drugs for the overnight and I slept! [​IMG] for sleep! I feel shaky right now, but like I am getting better! [​IMG]

So, here is to taking care of yourself. There is a nasty flu going around and if you are in an at risk category this is what happens if you try to pretend you are not.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello, so sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but glad to hear you've been to the doc and got meds! Summer colds are the worst because there's always so much to do in the summer........Plus, you just wanna go outside and play! (I do and I'm 47) LOL

Take care Dear and get well!

Sharon

3. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Glad you got the diagnisis and are on the mend. It's so hard for us moms to rest and take care of ourselves - I'm glad you're following Dr's orders [​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Keep on taking good care of yourself! If you milk it long enough, maybe the kids will take care of your chores, longterm!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    You poor thing. We call got bacterial pneumonia last year and it was rough. Give yourself time to heal up. You'll feel better with the antibiotics, but it can take a few weeks to feel 100% again depending on how bad it got. Sending you healing thoughts! [​IMG]

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Many years ago, I got Pneumonia, I got sick, but kept going, cause Lord Knew the World would have fallen apart without me..... [​IMG]

I was so sick they wanted me in the Hospital, they let me go home if and only if I agreed to stay in bed for several days. I made it 2 days and tried to go back to work, ended back in the ER. My Doctor was FURIOUS!!!!! Then my husband had to take a few days off work to make sure I stayed in bed and rested.

Moral: Life goes on, nothing is worth you health......

I still remember how badly I felt all those years ago, rest, don't worry about anything else. Hope you feel better soon!

7. cmb19

cmb19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    PA
    I almost died from pneumonia 2 years ago...literally, 2 months in hospitals, drug induced coma, 1 month in the nursing home to learn how to walk again. Do EXACTLY. what your doctor tells you to do.

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:Well, OK now THAT was effective!! Good lecture! [​IMG] I am sorry it happened to you but grateful you elected to share it! What happened to you? How did it get so bad? Were you in an at risk group? Seriously, I know this can be dangerous, I just don't really know why.....

9. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    Bacterial pneumonia can get bad FAST. When we came down with it, our daughter was sick for about a week. I caught it and was so sick I couldn't get out of bed within a couple days. My husband caught it, and by the next day he was near the point of hospitalization. In fact, they said that had we waited another hour or two, he'd have had to go straight to the hospital instead of urgent care. It progresses faster than viral pneumonia, and can get really serious. I still felt woozy for about a month if I stood up too fast, or bent down to clean something.

Rest up and take care of yourself!

10. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Oh, sister, I feel your pain! I got sick on March 26th, and I'm still coughing! Like you, I did the nebulizer...and antibiotics, cough meds, decongestants, three days in the hospital, CT scans, rays, blood tests. Ugh! It's been rough!

I send you a huge hug, empathy, and speedy healing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by