So I just went a bit crazy buying seeds on etsy......

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by yellowbee0110, Dec 9, 2016.

1. yellowbee0110

yellowbee0110 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2016
    North Carolina, USA
    ....But for $50 I ended up with 14 varieties of veggies, 6 kinds of flowers, and 4 herbs. Fantastic (if they all get here and germinate).

Combined with my leftover/saved varieties from last year and the seeds I got for my birthday, I'm up to over 30 varieties total to tinker with in 2017. It's a bit daunting. (So now friends, please tell me that it's all going to be just fine.)

Also, I will have 6 types of tomatoes in there....probably will be about 30 plants total....double from last year. Whatch'all think about that number? Is it scary? See, last year I did all these lovely heirlooms that weren't very heavy producers. I had a small successful garden last year (in freaking reusable shopping bags for pots because we hadn't gotten around to committing to a spot or tilling it up). But my yield was not enough to put anything up. So if I double up, theoretically I should have enough to can. However, I may lose my mind fighting the bug battle with so many plants.

If you'd like to tell me about your gardens, I'd like to hear about them! (Especially scary ones with happy endings.) I'm kinda thinking this belongs in the homesteading forum..... I'll just have to put my guys to work, yeah?

I've uploaded a couple of pics to let you know what I had going on last year.

My veggie garden:

[​IMG]

My herb garden: Going to be pretty much the same with some new additions.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Birdlover 13

Birdlover 13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2015
    South Africa
    That's awesome! I'm running low on seeds so I'll probably have to stock up too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's my garden that I started awhile ago [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowbee0110

Dec 4, 2016
    North Carolina, USA
    Your garden is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing it! (Your coop is really neat too.)

4. yellowbee0110

Dec 4, 2016
    North Carolina, USA
    Your garden is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing it! (Your coop is really neat too.)

5. Birdlover 13

Birdlover 13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2015
    South Africa
    Thank you. Your herb patch is also extremely cute [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by