so i nearly burnt my house down

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by FeatherD.Friend, Jun 22, 2010.

1. FeatherD.Friend

FeatherD.Friend Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    Abilene Tx
    So, here I am fixing to deep fry some food, mmmm.
    I go outside cuz i remembered something, I began to work on my pool filtration, 1 hr later.
    I need a screwdriver, I open the front door, and black smoke billows out, I am a complete idiot!
    There is major smoke damage to 80% of the house
    I call the wife, I call the insurance.
    luckly the insurance guy says its coverd, they will only need 1000$ and for us to move out for a week or so.
    And this is all peachy keen, due to Me being layed off the weed before christmas 09, unimployement running out and gov. is voting on it, is what ive been told the last three weeks. yet there are people that my wife knows that has been on uneployment for 4 yrs plus, I have been a zookeeper for 10 yrs, you cant get fired and pick up a job right around the corrner, so Ive been going to school, Food stamps are taken away and the list goes on on on on on on on.

I know my god has a reason, Idont alwasy understand but here we are!

2. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Deep breath.... [​IMG] smoke damage and all the other stuff going on stinks but on the up side you still have a home and your alive....

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Thank goodness for the need of a screwdriver! So very glad that you house did not burn.

I have left a pot on to boil and forgot about it [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

Micah

5. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    i remember my mom cooking chicken nuggets, then my relatives came, when my relatives got here I said to my relative Becky, '' wanna go play some computer? ''

then she says '' sure ''

after a while, we heard some screaming, we suspected it was nothing, later, we kept hearing screaming, so we ran outside to see what was happening, then, you guessed it, our house was burnt! luckily, we got the fire out, and the house [ and the computer ] were saved!

6. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    The reason is just around the corner, you just can't see it yet. I have SOOOO been where you are for the last year or so. Many many many hugs to you! Hang in there!!!!!

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    FeatherD.Friend :

So, here I am fixing to deep fry some food, mmmm.
    I go outside cuz i remembered something, I began to work on my pool filtration, 1 hr later.
    I need a screwdriver, I open the front door, and black smoke billows out, I am a complete idiot!
    There is major smoke damage to 80% of the house
    I call the wife, I call the insurance.
    luckly the insurance guy says its coverd, they will only need 1000$ and for us to move out for a week or so.
    And this is all peachy keen, due to Me being layed off the weed before christmas 09, unimployement running out and gov. is voting on it, is what ive been told the last three weeks. yet there are people that my wife knows that has been on uneployment for 4 yrs plus, I have been a zookeeper for 10 yrs, you cant get fired and pick up a job right around the corrner, so Ive been going to school, Food stamps are taken away and the list goes on on on on on on on.

I know my god has a reason, I dont alwasy understand but here we are!

Sorry for the trouble caused and damage already done.....as far as unemployment goes.....you should be able to go from your normal claim to an extension and then back to claim as each run out and as needed ask the unemployment office for an extension.

Hope that helps and things get better soon.​

8. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Wow Hugggzzz for you.Hope you get thing's fixed up.Let Us know how it go's.

9. FeatherD.Friend

FeatherD.Friend Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    Abilene Tx
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, after all that has been going on I have been able to see the hand of God. Through insurance coverage we are now getting every room deep cleaned painted and possible new flooring. and all this two months before our new baby is to arrive! The wife and I have been dreaming of doing all this just never could afford it.

But God knows what we need best!

Oh By the way I love this site and all of you guys who are on here!

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Could be worse... you could have done all that while boiling water... like my aunt.

[​IMG] Just glad no one was hurt!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by