So I run a house cleaning company

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MeatKing, Nov 24, 2010.

1. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I never should've started cleaning the neighbors, but I did a few years ago. Thins have been fine, untill the last two weeks, A year ago she had a terrible accident, while riding her horse, the horse hit a golfer hole and she and horse went down [​IMG] She broke her neck. (She has a habit over being a trouble maker) EI She got mad at the neighbours 11 year old dd and sent her horse to another farm. dd spent a week at the end of her lane trying to spot the horse [​IMG]
    Fast foward a year, she is in a wheel chair. I clean last week, she interupts me too empty her cathader, the again to get her a pepsi and fill up ice tray, and yet again to heat up her heating pad type thingy. Which I don't mind, but being interupted will throw anyone offtrack.
    So I get an email from her, the following day saying, "you missed the dirt beside the plant. Was there a reason for this?" That's it, not which plant was it, didn't even sign her name. So since there's a new kitten in the house, and many plants. I call her and am like. Where witch plant, cause I vaccuumed and washed all the floors by hand. (So how the heck could I miss this dirt right?) She says it's by he new counter thingy that she just had installed. So I was like oh, that's werid so sorry. Will make sure I get it next time. So strange how I missed it, cause I vaccumed, then washed your floors by hand. If the vaccuum didn't get it, surely my hand would've, but sorry. So she's like" of the vacuum won't fit in there, neither will your hand, you need you use the feather duster! So I being totaly nice, while thinking you "dumb ass, you just sent me a rude email" for this? Whatever right it
    Its been a hard year for her.
    While I went to clean today, there was a note form her. Asking me to make sure to get this area? umm didn't we already disccus this? She also asked to make sure to dust on window cills, wipe her cupboreds, make sure to clean ontop of washer dryer, and polish her granit counter tops. Well I can tell you, I wiped a winder ledges (Where I can, but the house is soo cluttered) Her cupboreds are black, I'm sure I wiped them, but this is where she came into kitchen asking me to get her a pop, so I may have missed one. The top of the washer dryer, well I very well could've missed it, but there was a dead something in there, so I was trying to get out've there as I was gaging! And as for polising her granite counters, what the hck, do you want me to polish your silver too!! I clean for a flat fee, so adding extra's is not fair!!
    To top it off, at the bottom of the note she wrote, "I need to be more observent, as she can not go around the house picking stuff up" what, or you joking me, it now takes me twice as long to clean your house, theve added a bathroom, wheel chair bring in stones ect. Plus I'm empting your cathader, and being your little maid. And you talk to me like this!!! Her dh told my dh, their haivng a hard time keeping people "nurses ect" cause of her outburst!!
    So do I leave it? Talk to her about it? Talk to her hubby about it?

Was thinking when he got home having a general meeting, to talk about our expectations? (Her dh works out've town) The price hasn't changed in 3 years, plus I"m doing way more work. And she has become a big pain in my you know what!!! And yes I feel bad for her situation, cause if it wasn't for that I'd tell her where to go!!

Thank-you for letting me vent , love to hear your thoughts

2. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    you definately need a meeting and tell them if you are expected to play nurse maid then you want a raise.. a big fat raise! if they don't want to give you more money if you can afford to i would drop them as clients

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Me being someone that is disabled, I say dump her.

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:You either need to give them notice that you're quitting if you can't handle dealing with this woman anymore or you need to explain to them that they've doubled your workload and you need to adjust your prices accordingly.

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    You're emptying her catheter?!?!?! [​IMG] That is not housework! That's nursing work and not only is it not your job but you should be being paid accordingly.

There is no reason for you to take this treatment, it is disrespectful.

I agree that a meeting with them both is called for. You might want to write out your concerns adding your highlights of the types of things you do that most housekeepers do not do. (This does not include the nursing)

Then you list the "personal care and nursing duties" that have been added.

Then speak calmly to being treated disrespectfully. Hold out for respect AND money.

I wish you lived closer! I'd love to hire some one like you to help me with our soot issue!!

6. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Give notice and walk. You are not there to be her nurse, but the cleaning her house.

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Since this is your own business, I say walk.

If you're working for someone else...be SURE to read your contract. Where I work, we are expected to clean up after people, as in, their bodily fluids, their angry moments, them throwing stuff on the floor in their pit of rage over the price of eggs...we get paid a flat salary, so please be sure to read your signed contract with the company if you do not work for yourself.

8. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I'd give them a second chance on trial basis IF they agree to a raise and no more nursing duties, gopher duties, etc. etc. Um, emptying a catheter could spread disease to you. Let the health professionals tend to the nursing, you are not trained to be a nurse. There are too many communicable diseases that can be caught via bodily fluids, urine included, if I'm not mistaken. Get a raise, get duties straight, or get gone. Feeling sorry for her is fine if that is how you feel, but you can feel sorry for her from a distance, and as a neighbor, you don't have to be right there and employed by her to have compassion.

9. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    wheelchairs do bring in alot of dirt and dust, my floors are always getting washed. I would talk with the husband.

10. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    I TO RUN MY OWN CLEANING BUSINESS I SAY DONT WALK........................ RUN................................ I wouldnt even think of going back unless you need the clean You are a human not her servant Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by