So... I think I might want Geese... GIVE ME PICTURES!!

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
So Now I feel like a complete traitor to my ducks but I think i might want to get some Geese, So give me some pictures of your beauties and if you want, recommend a breed that will do well with multiple ducks.

Uhmmm.... Why are you still reading?

Post lots of pictures please!!

28596_pics_of_everything_023.jpg

I post this pic alot...but I love it. This is our goose, gander, goslings...and ducklings that they adopted...

Have you figured out what breed of geese you'd like to get?

These are my white chinese geese. I like the way they look, they lay a lot of eggs but they are really loud! No one will ever sneak up on your house during the day though, not even you!

24151_img_1072.jpg

Last edited:
I have absolutley NO problem with noise, they can be as loud as they want and The more eggs the better in my opinion. Not sure on what breed I want thats why Im hoping to get some opinions.

When you say your goose adopted the ducklings, will that particular breed do that? I plan on having lots of babies around .

Ghost_Walker, the eggs I'll be sending you in the spring are white chinese/plain headed roman crosses.

Holderread writes in his book that they put a pair of geese in each of the duckling's outside pens to watch for predators... so maybe all breeds are capable of it?

All breeds will do it. Geese are excellent parents.

My Africans:

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0476.jpg

DSCN0498.jpg

Geese have the most soulful eyes and they really talk to you. Get a pair of goslings and you'll be absolutely smitten.

Back
Top Bottom