So I went to the Dr...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by downstownlady, Jun 16, 2010.

1. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    I have been having severe allergies and it dawned on me that I was allergic to the Pine Shavings that I had in the brooder (my big master tub). Well it really got to a point that I had my hubby put together a little outside brooder and I made a Dr. appt. Well as I was answering the usual questions that the docs ask...I had to laugh at the expression on his face as I was telling him about the pine shavings in my bathtub for the 13 chicks that were flying out. I had even brought a chicken supply catalog with me to peruse while waiting. The Dr. said I made his day. I told him once you have a chicken you're hooked for life!!! He was still laughing as I left. I thought ya'll might get a kick out of it...

2. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    Yep.. and my doc remembers that I had a rooster attack that got infected immediately, and he had to look up in his book how to treat a rooster attack.
    He doesn't get too many of them.

3. lisebarb

lisebarb Chillin' With My Peeps

they'reHISchickens :

Yep.. and my doc remembers that I had a rooster attack that got infected immediately, and he had to look up in his book how to treat a rooster attack.
    He doesn't get too many of them.

A rooster attack?? Was it you who was attacked by the rooster? What happened? How did it attack you?​

4. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    OMG...I am so hoping that my rooster (I hope there is only 1) will be friendly and non combative...or he will be the main ingredient in a Sunday dinner! LOL

5. 4theloveofhens

4theloveofhens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Quote:We've had our share of mean roosters. Never will own them again. They would run at you if you were inside our outside of the cage. Got to the point where if we wanted to go in with the goats and chickens, we'd take a broom and "sweep" him away. None the less, we will never own roosters again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by