1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So, I'm Hooked!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MrsFordTN, Mar 22, 2011.

1. MrsFordTN

MrsFordTN Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Since putting my first eggs in the bator, I have added a second bator and planning on a third! What has happened!?!?!?

I mean I thought I was a pretty stable woman before all of this, now I am hiding things from my husband (haha just the auction I bid on for Eggs). I am hooked, no doubt, any cure?

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Chicken math... It moved to incubating math... [​IMG]

3. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Nope no cure. But there is a support group.... More like enablers group [​IMG] Welcome to the club. I am hooked as well and my babies haven't even hatched yet and I have 6 duck eggs coming in this weekend to go in right after my chicks are done.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Cure? CURE? We're all in denial here, can't imagine wanting to be cured of this addiction!

1. Not harming anyone.
    2. Egg purchases not filling the pockets of any "cartels" harming anyone.
    3. Not harming selves (other than the face-smashing against the 'bator windows).
    4. Creating life, not snuffing existing life out
    5. Good cardio workouts, from panic attacks when remembering it's lockdown OR running to 'bator to see what peeped.

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Howdy neighbor! [​IMG] You aren't too far from me!

Tell your DH there are worse things to be addicted to, and that you can sell the surplus birds at the Cocke County Poultry Show on May 7th. It works for me [​IMG]

6. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Quote:I set my bator upstairs so I have to run up and down them 8 million times a day to see if anything change. My knees..... Hate ME! lol

7. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Well, after the second or third (or fourth or fifth) time you've hatched out more birds than you know what to do with your enthusiasm will diminish somewhat.

I haven't found that limit yet myself. I just keep building more tractors... [​IMG]

8. MrsFordTN

MrsFordTN Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Haha DH Just keeps saying, 'What are we going to do with all these chickens?' I of course say sell them and he quickly replies '...be honest, are you going to be able to sell them after all this...' hehehehe not... I mean I will sell anything we honestly don't have room for or donate them to our 4H. Kevin tries to tell me no, but it never works. And you guys are right, I could be into worse things!

9. Lroach711

Lroach711 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Pickens, SC
    Quote:Love this! [​IMG] Soo true! I just finished my first time incubating with disappointing results (only one chick)..It's made me even more deterimined to get it right! I'm officially addicted. I'll have 24 eggs from 2 diff breeders locally by the end of the week and am putting a fan in my still air incubator asap! My husband thinks I'm crazy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by