So I'm new and I have a question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by batmanrobin170, Apr 19, 2017.

1. batmanrobin170

batmanrobin170 New Egg

Apr 19, 2017
    My duck has no vent, he can't poop. we have had him for about a week and just realized something was even more wrong then we thought. Is there anything we can do to save him? Or is it better to put him out?

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. batmanrobin170

batmanrobin170 New Egg

Apr 19, 2017
    Thanks friend... I have been kinda lost.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015
    You are most welcome! Navigating can seem a little daunting at first - you'll soon be very familiar with the site, don't worry [​IMG]

5. batmanrobin170

batmanrobin170 New Egg

Apr 19, 2017
    Thanks friend! you seem to know a lot better than me.

6. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015
  7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under batmanrobin170 [​IMG] Welcome!

Aaaw, your poor little duck, that does not sound good [​IMG] I hope the folks on the Duck Forum were able to help you out.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, batmanrobin170, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! You've received some great links and advice so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

9. batmanrobin170

batmanrobin170 New Egg

Apr 19, 2017
    Thank ya'll I really appreciate all ya'll's help and all the welcomes you have gave.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    we had a new born pup like that. And put him down. Later the vet told us he may have had just skin that covered his anus and that he could have had minor surgery to put an opening in. I wonder if that is the case with your duckling. I can't believe he has lived with long with pooing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by