1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So infuriated by craigslist right now!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicks R Friends NOT Food, May 18, 2009.

1. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I still can't seem to sell my rooster. I understand that it's hard to get rid of roosters, but I'm just so sick of these craigslist people.

I've had about 3 people call me. None spoke english well. One had to get someone esle on the phone to translate. The last thing was, "we'll calll you back for directions".... 2 weeks ago?? And then they have to ask me questions like. Are they roosters? How Many? What color? And that's all fine and well except IT WAS ALL WRITTEN THERE!!! There were Pictures!!! I just don't get it! Why do you reply "I'm interested in your rooster" then ask if he's a rooster??? [​IMG] Where is the logic?
    [​IMG]
    Okay my rant is done. Just please tell me they haven't made me insane yet! (Getting there...[​IMG])

2. vtsarahb

vtsarahb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Bradford, VT
    you're right, craigslist can be frustrating! (and it also seems to attract a fair number of idiots) Have you tried a local classified paper instead?

3. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    Oh Yea I TOTALLY understand.Makes you wonder what the general IQ is of the people answering your ad.javascript:insert_text('[​IMG]',%20'');

4. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    try posting your ad in the wrong section.
    Works for me every time. Change your audience, change your results.

5. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    you need a serious hug today... [​IMG]

I dislike craigslist too. I love the "fake" ads they put up there for cool things at a discount but not amazing price and its all a scam.

6. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    Don't feel bad I too get frustrated with craigslist. I have an ad that lists all the breeds and hatch dates and the fact that I only accept calls between the hours of 9am and 9pm but without fail people still call me and want to know how old the birds are or if I have some certain breed that is not listed. If I had a breed that I did not list then obviously I don't have it for sale. [​IMG] Then I get those people calling at 5 am or midnight. I have just accepted the fact that there must be people out there that can't read anything but phone numbers or tell time. No offense to illiterate people. If you are reading this and are illiterate just get someone to help ya next time [​IMG]

7. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:Hey yeah...I will post my chickens under "auto parts" next time. I wonder what would happen. hmmmmmm [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  8. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    I had no response on Craigslist, but about four people answered back immediately here for my rooster. Sorry you have dumb people on your airwaves.

9. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I am sorry you are having such a hard time with Craigslist. I can understand the frustration [​IMG] I would try a different section. I have never had a rooster last more than 3 days on Craigslist. I always list in the farm and garden section. The pet section is a waste of time in our area. I do have to weed through the idiots and spammers, but I always end up with a good home for them in the end.

10. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    Quote:I've posted it here too, about the same time as craigslist. I got some good encouragement and advice to make him more "sellable", but so far no takers.
    It doesn't help that he holds his head funny under stress... A lot of people have asked about my white langshan (he's the normal one not for sale) but it's my black who's a wierdo so he's impossible to ship out. I've tried to find if he's got a medical problem, but mostly I've only heard neurological or vitamins. It hasn't spread, so I'm thinking it's just him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by