so... is my BLRW roo mixed with GLW?

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Our Ti-Lou is now just over a year old and really starting to look like a "big boy" now
love.gif

He's the most amazing roo evar - we love him to bits!

Got him as a week-old chick from a "breeder", only he doesn't look like a real BLRW - too many brassy tones going on in there, white legs, etc.

Do you think he's mixed with something else?

He has a lovely U shape only there was a lot of wind when I took these pics a couple weeks ago!

Thank you for your opinions...

ps: he's just a pet, we're not showing him or anything.

DSC_2605.jpg

DSC_2599.jpg

DSC_2597.jpg

DSC_2593.jpg

DSC_2604.jpg

I have seen that comb on a certain breed just cannot think of it right now. The hackles are a color found on some black breasted red type birds. I have seen hackles like those on game birds. It could be that breeder's colors were designed by themselves for unknown purposes. Not all breeders breed to the standard when it comes to colors. Just a guess.

Last edited:
He looks like a purebred blue laced to me...although the comb is not right..his body and lacing are. If he were a cross with any other unlaced chicken...he would have incomplete lacing if I am correct.he looks to have pretty good lacing. His parents either had to be black blue or splash laced red....I had an orangey splash blue laced red pullet that's produced something similar to yours. She was culled due to her looking orange and not red. That would explain the buff color on him instead of red.

Would you have a photo of what a correct rose comb on a wyandotte rooster looks like?

I've googled it and there seems to be a big variation on the looks, I'm confused
sad.png

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom