So it all started with chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hearthnsoul, Aug 7, 2009.

1. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Songster

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    You know, I had to laugh at myself this morning,..as my yard is no longer a yard but a farm at this point. I just wanted eggs, I kinda recall,..which lead to chicks,..which lead to ducks,..which lead to a coop,..then a run,...then hmmm how about some milk with those eggs,.and then came the goats,..and the coop addition and the corral. I have to wonder to myself when does it stop??? and how come I waited to long to start [​IMG]

PS. I have been eyeing mini donkeys and horses now,..is there therapy for this...[​IMG]
    hmmmm nevermind... I actually think this is therapy!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  2. CocoNUT

CocoNUT Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    OOOOH and don't forget about those Zebu mini-cattle!!! 32 inches tall! COOOOL!!!!

I have chickens and cats....been eyeing up the goats too! I'm walking down the same path as you are! Just need my green screen to grow so my neighbors can't see! lol

3. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Songster

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Quote:I have been lucky in the neighbor department,..we have an acre and almost a quarter, on one side garden shop,...behind us woods,...the other side three neighbors, one I can't see, one who we never see and the middle was always empty,...then it sold and I held my breathe, so far no complaints...but truth is it's only my duck ginger who I worry about,..the goats from time to time maaaahhhaaaaaa when she wants me to come back,...now she tends to jump the gate and come up to the kitchen, would rather the maaaahhhhhmaaaahhhhhaaaaa, but the duck she is so darn loud.

4. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

Oh my goodness! I'd never heard of such a thing as mini-zebus! We used to have a couple of the big ones on the farm when I was a kid and I thought they were beautiful. I've been slowly but steadily lobbying for a couple of goats but now I think I'm going to have to switch to zebus. You should have seen the dirty and incredulous look hubby gave me when I gasped and showed him a picture of a tiny herd of them.

5. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Songster

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    I think my husband has that look on many times a day,...he walked behind me one night when I was looking at a goat who just so happened to have a mini donkey near it, and he said don't even think about it. The funniest part I guess is we both know that what he is saying falls pretty much on deaf ears especially after he blew his spot the day I brought home my nigis and I heard him tell my mother we should get nubians,.. [​IMG]

6. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF ANIMAL FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!! Lol just kidding but seriously it doesnt stop. its an incurable discease that us chicken lovers dont really wanna get rid of [​IMG] We is special [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: