So its my birthday tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by patnjess, May 13, 2010.

1. patnjess

patnjess Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    I don't think anyone in my family has taken my chicken fetish seriously.....I asked for either Black copper maran eggs, or Arucana eggs. they laughed at me....sigh....don't think it will be happening.

2. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    aweeeeeeeeeeee i'm sorry [​IMG] happy birthday!!!!!!

no one takes my duck fettish seriously either. i have ducklings hatching and i want to keep one to add to my 2 (mommy and daddy) i have already and my brother said isn't 2 enough?? HAHAH you can never have tooo many!! same with chickens??

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    So place the order, and then tell them that you have already arranged your present--they just have to pay for it [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Happy birthday!

My b-day was 5/8 and a box of GoldNeck d'Uccle eggs arrived that day. It's MY birthday and I know what I want and where to get it. I see nothing wrong with getting a present that makes me happy for myself. Didn't even ask anyone to pay for it...

GO FOR IT!!!

If you think someone will lecture, just tell them it was a gift from a crazy chicken person. That won't be a lie [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  5. beerman

beerman Songster

Mar 7, 2008
    Smithville, il
    Happy birthday!

6. Ga.chickenman

Ga.chickenman Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    Happt Birthday, [​IMG]

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Happy Birthday in advance!

Last edited: May 14, 2010

8. Foleys

Foleys Songster

May 12, 2010
    Toccoa
    Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you haaapppy birthday to you!!!!!!!!! hope you have a wonderful day on your b-day..

9. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Crowing

Jan 12, 2010
    I've done something similar to that!

I wanted to get a dog carting harness, so I found what I wanted, sent the link to my family, and they pitched in and gave me the money so I could buy it.... and I did! It actually saved them money vs what they were going to spend!

Maybe they don't know how to go about getting them for you.....or they aren't telling you for a reason!! [​IMG]

If there's something I really want, I ask them to help me get it by making a donation toward it rather than buying a gift.

10. patnjess

patnjess Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Well my husband is taking me to the Melting Pot, my girlies took me out to a country dance club, made me feel how old I am, I hurt everywhere, and was so sick I had to have some one come help me this morning [​IMG]

and my mom is babysitting for my present, she HATES to babysit, especially since I have so many

You guys are the bestest, [​IMG] there is a chickenswap near me tomorrow, I'll just have to go and see if I can get my own present!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by