So long Sparta!

TheTwoRoos

Crowing
Sep 25, 2015
Well,back in spring I got a duckling Pekin drake who is now a big and beautiful duck.I already have a drake named Sparta who started out as leader.Just today I notice something,Sparta was overthrown.Instead of him running Mr.Peepers off,Mr.Peepers was running him off,but of course a second fight happened,and Sparta still lost,he didn't use his wing flap while he was in the pond.But I don't suspect Mr.Peepers will be on the throne for long,those boys fight all the time.Sparta I don't think is gonna let it go.Mr.Peepers better enjoy it while he can.....

He isn't in the shape for this.Sparta runs Mr.Peepers mate off,and Peepers does nothing about,but on the other hand,he is a good alerter.Everyone is adapting to this new pecking order.His times of being king have ended,so long Sparta!

Well,back in spring I got a duckling Pekin drake who is now a big and beautiful duck.I already have a drake named Sparta who started out as leader.Just today I notice something,Sparta was overthrown.Instead of him running Mr.Peepers off,Mr.Peepers was running him off,but of course a second fight happened,and Sparta still lost,he didn't use his wing flap while he was in the pond.But I don't suspect Mr.Peepers will be on the throne for long,those boys fight all the time.Sparta I don't think is gonna let it go.Mr.Peepers better enjoy it while he can.....

He isn't in the shape for this.Sparta runs Mr.Peepers mate off,and Peepers does nothing about,but on the other hand,he is a good alerter.Everyone is adapting to this new pecking order.His times of being king have ended,so long Sparta!
Mine is a drake and a gander, right now my gander is in charge and is king of the yard but as soon as my Muscovy drake gets back to his hormonal self in a few months my gander Sam will be over thrown and Opie will once again rule the property. Isn't flock dynamics interesting. lol

I bet Sparta will try for a come back too.

Oh,it is crazy!They fight no matter how many time s they get hurt,it's like a never ending cycle.I would much rather Sparta since taking care of a flock isn't his first rodeo,but I guess regardless of whether he takes Mr.Peeperes by far,Peepers will always lead the flock where he thinks they should go.

What I thought was funny was one day up at the pond,Mr.Peepers tried to fight Sparta,then Sparta brought out his wing water flapping technique and peepers got hit with those strong wings and took off.Didn't expect that coming.

The only reason Sparta is so hormonal I think is becuase the hens are in heat and the other drake is a young teenager who all he cares about is mating.

What I thought was funny was one day up at the pond,Mr.Peepers tried to fight Sparta,then Sparta brought out his wing water flapping technique and peepers got hit with those strong wings and took off.Didn't expect that coming.

The only reason Sparta is so hormonal I think is becuase the hens are in heat and the other drake is a young teenager who all he cares about is mating.

Those hormones always get in the way with the boys that's for sure. I do step in and stop any fight if I see one is getting injured.

I am not sure if they hurt eachother really bad,but it was in the middle of the pond,so IU couldn't step in.

I'm just tickled that a duck named "Sparta" was run off by one named "Mr. Peepers"!

Back
Top Bottom