So looks like the little chick likes to peck the hardest!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tiffanyg2, May 11, 2011.

1. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    So I let my little 4 week BO's out next to the 7 week BO's for introductions just to see how they would all do. And the older ones just kinda stared curiously at them but went about there buisness pecking at the floor... then daisy (one of the yonger ones) ran over and pecked the big guy and took what goody he found on the floor!!! I thought that chick is crazy!! [​IMG] Well still the big guy went about his buisness and a few moments later she ran over and did it to him again!!! [​IMG] I'm thinking there might be a beatdown in order... but still he went about his buisness. And what do you know a few minutes later she came around the corner yet again~ *PECK* Hahaha I think this time I could actually see the look in his eyes [​IMG] So I decided to grab the little ones up before they caused to much trouble!! Is that normal that the little one would be a bigger pecker??

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Leave them together, they'll work it out. It's much easier to integrate them when they are that young, than later on when they are more set in their ways.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Ditto!

Little ones are also learning by pecking, don't forget that. And size has little to do with rank in the pecking order.

4. KFox

KFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    My smallest runs the show...so far. It's funny to watch.

I agree w/ the others, let them sort it out.

5. tiffanyg2

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Haha ok I will leave it to them! Thanks everyone

6. tiffanyg2

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    ** UPDATE ***

[​IMG]

Uhhh-ohhh...... [​IMG]