So mad.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Jferlisi, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    So i was walking out to the coop to give my chickens some yogurt and blueberrys when i hear one of my chickens squawking. It was not a usually noise, so i knew something was wrong. I went around to the barn and saw our renters heeler puppy running out of the barn..so i started walking down the isle and saw my roo attacking my golden and she was just standing there like what did i do. He stopped as soon as he saw i was there to take control. So i just thought it was cause she was there and they got startled or something. So i set the bowl down for them but they didn't want any of it which now that i think should have been the first clue something was wrong since they all come running for yogurt. A few minutes later my sister who came out with me notice my Lavender ameraucana under a shovel. I ran over to her and found that the heeler had attacked her. He cut her open on the back and riped up her wing so bad the bone is showing. [​IMG] [​IMG]. I was so mad i throw my flip flops at the dog and then tended to her wounds. I have her separated from everyone in a large dog kennel with a towel down so that the wounds stay clean. I also medicated the water and gave her some food and blue coated the wounds. When they get him im telling them if there dog kills any of my chickens or attacks another one there dog will be gone. This sucks so bad cause it always happens to my favorite chickens. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    I am SOOOOO sorry this had to happen...if it was me, that dog would of been in dogie heaven !
    [​IMG]

Once she stops bleeding you might want to try soaking her in warm water with Epsome salt in it: this will help draw out infection that they dog may of given her, help reduce swelling and acts as a natural pain killer.

The more nasty looking wounds you may want to pack with antibiotic ointment, cover with moistened Gauze and secure with Vet Wrap.

Feed her scrambled eggs with buttermilk in it and give her some extra vitamins.

God Bless and I hope she will be ok,

Laura

3. TeriyakiChicken

TeriyakiChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Western Australia
    Uhhh! I have the same problem with foxes (I live in Aus)
    I hope your chicken gets better [​IMG]

4. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    I'm sorry to hear about this! Good thing you got to her (and your other chickens) when you did. Your adrenaline must have been pumping!! [​IMG]

5. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:It was going like crazy. My rooster just earned his stay permanently too, he must have been very anger and im sure he is the only reason she is alive since he was attacking one of the dogs, i am 100% sure he attacked the heeler too.

6. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    What a great roo!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by