1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    So my mom told me we could go get my new baby chicks today, I was SO excited! Then she got a call from a friend saying they had a sports game, and wanted us to come, and then says "oh sure, we'll come!" Not even thinking about the chick pickup! Now I cant get them today, and she promised!!!! [​IMG] what makes me SO mad, is she thinks I didnt even care! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (sorry, just need to vent)

2. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I'm sorry. You sound really frustrated. Speaking as a mom, though, she probably has a lot on her mind, and perhaps forgot entirely. Maybe on the way over to the game, you can mention the chicks, and set up a time to go get them. Like, "Mom, I was hoping we could get the chicks today. I have the brooder all set up and everything. Can we get them after school tomorrow? Then I'll have the weekend to get them settled." Good luck!

3. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    D:. That's what my mom did once. I got so mad!!! But no worries, you'll get them soon [​IMG]

4. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Quote:x2.

Things always work out best in the end. We never know the path untraveled. Perhaps if you had picked up chicks today, something would have gone wrong. Keep a postivie attitude! Anticipation makes the event more rewarding.

[​IMG]

5. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Aww, thanks guys! Im not as mad anymore! Lol!you all made me feel better. I didnt completly have it ready just a few minutes ago, but its ready now! And she did remember... And just droped it... And we were suppost to get my sisters new kitten today to... She is MAD!!!

6. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    for me, whenever my mom promised new chicks on a certain day, I get my camera and get it recorded. So that she can't be like "I don't know what you are talking about.... [​IMG] "

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by