So Many Broodies!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by poultrycrazy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    Ok so like last month i was complaining that i didnt have any broodies and i put some eggs in the bator so i could have some chicks then not long after that i got a broody and now i have 5! What is with that? I have 3 silkies, a cochin, and a bantam OEG all laying on some eggs [​IMG] The bad thing is that now i have to sell most of them soooo Anybody lookin for some chicks? Only pick-up of course in lapeer MI or Columbiaville MI. I should have some PQ silkies, a couple if any silkie/duccle, some BQ to SQ BBS silkies, Maybe some OEGBs, n OEGB over 1 sebright some cochins, a maran, and a meat hen but idk if the maran n meat hen are fertile.

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Seems to be happening a lot lately. Two days ago my last one finally quit, the other two I had at the same time are about through raising their chicks -- and today another one starts. She is so young her eggs are still pullet sized. When you know what you will have to sell for sure, you might want to put an auction up here, in BSA.

3. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    Ya that was my plan [​IMG] I was soo excited at first but now i dont know how im gonna get rid of them all if they hatch [​IMG] i have one on 3 eggs, two on 13 eggs, 1 on about 7, and one on who knows how many.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by