So many people want to sell there eggs but.... where are you? UPDATE !

karlamaria

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Western montana
I have had one heck of a time finding sellers of eggs. I live with country all around me, yet not one egg on craigslist ( just chickens ) Im willing to buy 6 dozen at a time yet nope can not find a seller LOL . My chickens are laying now, but my oldest moved home and he eats eggs non stop! My chickens ( one of them ) started laying last month, we finally got a full dozen and well that went in a day LOL . you would think with folks having chickens, there would be something in the paper, or craigs list etc. where or where are the chicken eggs at )))) are you all having luck selling yours or do you sell them at all? whats the best way to find sellers ??

iM HAPPY TO SAY i FOUND THE SWEETEST GAL !! SHE LIVES 35 MILES AWAY AND HAS LOTS OF EGGS AND GUESS WHAT?? SHE HAS TURKENS, EE'S AND ABOUT EVERY BIRD i WANT!! SHE HAS DUCKS AND THIS NEXT SPRING WILL BE SELLING ME SOME DUCK EGGS TO ! I WAS THRILLED AS I PUT AN ADD ON CRAIG'S LIST AND GOT AN EMAIL THIS MORNING WE TALKED FOR 20 MINUTES LOL. I PLAN TO BUY HER FERTILE EGGS THIS SPRING SO i CAN PUT THEM UNDER MY BROODY GIRL AND HAVE ME A TURKEN AND EE'S, AMERICANA AND SO FOURTH ! WE PLAN TO MEET AT HER HOME THIS WEEKEND . THANK YOU ALL WHO HELPED ME IM SO HAPPY TODAY!!!

Last edited:
Go to the local co-op or feed store. They should know of several people. They may even have a bulletin board with flyers. Speaking of which, check you local grocery store for flyers or put one up yourself looking for sellers.

I don't see a lot of eggs on sale on CL, but we have several farmers markets around here. Always 4-10 egg sellers at each market I go to. Also, there is a raw milk dairy in the area. They are kind of a middleman for some of their neighbors that sell eggs.

Local stores will not let young a flyer up for eggs, local farmers market is a joke... Only fresh eggs are the huderites and they mass produce and I do not want these. I want eggs from happy free range chickens. no co-op here, but one 90 miles away, there eggs sell for 4.00 a dozen. Called feed store, nope
sad.png

I'm already administering a google document list of people willing to help people learn to process. Sounds like it might be time to start a list of local eggs available, too. Whatcha think? I could handle the initial entry while I worked out something more automated -

I have a couple of egg customers who take all of my extra eggs. In the seasons when I have extra eggs, that is. I placed an ad on Craigslist. Had to take it down almost immediately. I was inundated! So I do see what you mean.

Could you put a Want to Buy ad on Craigslist? Or here on BYC? How about the thread for your state in the Where Am I, Where Are You? Forum here on BYC? (I think that's what it's called.)

Try putting a Want To Buy eggs ad on craigslist in the Farm & Garden Section. If there are people with extra eggs then you will likely get some responses.

Back
Top Bottom