So much anticipation....our 3wk chicks are coming Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Life is Good!, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    [​IMG]

I feel like my son on Christmas Eve!

The chickens I've been planning for, working towards their coop completion, reading here and in books about.....

THEY'RE COMING ON TUESDAY!!!

[​IMG]

Actually, I'm going to pick them up from the farm. 10 Black Java chicks (straight run) will be here on Tuesday!

Really, it's here!

[​IMG]

I might not sleep between now and then! Fussing over the brooder, getting supplies ready, reading more here (I thought I'd have hens! Not chicks!) -

[​IMG]

Had to share, as my human companions are looking at me like I've lost it. (My sons are so not impressed, my husband's not so sure about this whole endeavor but is going along with it, and I'm just so [​IMG]!)

2. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    [​IMG] and congrats on the Java's![​IMG]

I know your excitment! Just wait! Before you know it, your dh will be hooked and then start planning the "Expansion". Researching chicken breeds and building another coop for "his"
    chickens. I see more chickens in your future. Just wait.... mark my words......[​IMG]
    I had a plan....it was a good plan....until my dh wanted to keep a few of the ones I was going to cull or find homes for just because he liked them.[​IMG] *sigh*. Of cource I'm married to an Enabler who is just as bad as me![​IMG]
    Maybe you should keep your chickens away from the fam and be all mysterious with them.....that way, hopefully, your plan won't go a-rye like mine did.
    Have fun with your new chicks!!
    Cheers!

3. macadam8157

macadam8157 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    NC, Raleigh
    [​IMG] [​IMG]:cd:cd
    YAY BABY CHICKENS!!! NEVER SLEEP AGAIN!! Welcome to the land of no dreams! [​IMG]

4. urbancountrygal

urbancountrygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    Congrats!!! Have fun:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by